This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
2 Days Tour From Ouarzazate To Merzouga Erg Chebbi desert via Todra Gorges
Highlights of the Ouarzazate Desert tour :
- Exploring the oases and the palm trees
- Stopping to take cool photos
- Riding the camels
- Spending the night at the Erg Chebbi camp camp
- Exploring the region of Tafilalet
Itinerary overview :
The 2 days Ouarzazate Desert tour departs from “the Gate of the Desert” and heads towards the desert of Erg Chebbi Dunes near Merzouga to spend the night there, after we w visit many spots, villages, and oases on the way. After spending some time in the desert the tour ends by returning to Ouarzazate and exploring the Kasbahs and the villages on the way.
DAY 1: OUARZAZATE – SKOURA OASIS – ROSES VALLEY – TODRA GORGES – MERZOUGA DESERT
After breakfast at the hotel/riad, we will depart from Ouarzazate and drive to our ultimate stop of the day, which is Merzouga. We will go through the road of a thousand Kasbah and after visiting Skoura Oasis. Then, We will stay for a little while at the capital of roses Kalaat M’gouna. After that, we will pay a visit to Boumalne Dades Valley and Tinghir. Near the town Tinghir, we will go to Toudra Gorges and take a walk across the narrow canyons. After lunch at the gorges, we will head towards Arfoud driving by Tinjdad. We will stop there to check the fossils and we will continue after that to Merzouga.
At Merzouga, we will leave our vehicle behind and ride the camels towards the dunes of Erg Chebbi. Before the sunset, we will climb a high dune to see the wonderful view. Then, we will head to the Erg Chebbi camp where we will spend the first night of our Ouarzazate Desert tour in a nomadic tent surrounded by a band of musicians.
DAY 2: ERG CHEBBI – RISSANI – ALNIF – DRAA VALLEY – OUARZAZATE
- Pick up and drop off to your accommodation
- 2 days exclusive services in a 4×4 vehicle with AC
- 2 days services with an English speaking staff
- A camel ride in Merzouga dunes
- A camel for each person Sand-boarding Overnight stay in nomadic desert camp with dinner and breakfast
- Entrance/Activity Fees